1.08.2015

The Virtual Bookshelf: This Week's Reading List

I LOOOOOVE to read.  As a mother of four and a wife of a soldier/full-time college student, I find I don't have as much time to read as I would like.  When I get a few hours to read I tend to get lost in my books.  A leisurely novel can be consumed in a matter of hours.  As part of my goal to manage my time better and take better care of myself, I plan to spend a little bit of time reading almost everyday.  I'm realistic enough to know that reading everyday is probably a stretch, but if I can work in 30 minutes on MOST days, I'll consider it a win.  I'll be sharing my reading list and book-nerd wish list with you each week, along with some past reads that I highly recommend.  Here's this week's night stand selections:


I started reading this last week and haven't finished it.  Brennan Manning's writing style is complex and requires my focus so it's a slower read for me than other stuff.


I have gotten about half way through the first chapter and it has my attention.  Having lived off and on in survival mode most of my adult life, I'm looking forward to some insight that might be useful.  I'll let you know how it goes!


This one came highly recommended from my best friend, therefore, it automatically qualifies for a read.

That's it for my list this week.  I'll be lucky to get them all read but there are lots of good ones on my "read soon" list to motivate me to finish these!  Here are a few I'll be reading soon:




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10